Botanical Name - Pelargonium graveolens
Aroma - Rose-like, sweet and floral
Extraction - Steam distillation
Part of Plant - Aerial parts
Country of Origin - Egypt
Caution - Not for use in early pregnancy
Chemical Constituents - Citronellol, geraniol, linalool
Uses - Supports the endocrine system and helps to balance the effects of our hormones. Useful in aiding elimination and dispelling fluid retention and congestion. Excellent in skin care for combination and mature skin types. Balancing and harmonising to the emotions as well.
Organic Certificate - This essential oil is certified organic by the Soil Association, it has been produced to the highest ethical and environmental standards.
Storage - Store oil in cool dark place and keep out of reach of children
Avoid use of essential oils (unless under medical supervision) if:
- You are pregnant
- You have a skin condition
- You have asthma
- You have severe allergies
- You have epilepsy or are prone to seizures
- You have heart disease
- You have high blood pressure
- You are on a course of treatment with prescribed medication
Rules for safe usage:
- Many essential oils are too powerful to be applied directly to the skin undiluted (also known as “neat”), they must be diluted with a neutral carrier oil, such as jojoba oil, to avoid irritation.
- Never use essential oils on or around the eyes or mucous membranes.
- Several oils, like bergamot and other citrus, can cause allergic sensitivity to the sun and should be used with caution.
- Children and the elderly can be extra sensitive to the effects of essential oils.
- Essential oils are flammable, so keep them away from open flames.
- Never ingest essential oils unless it is under the close supervision and prescription of a clinically-trained medical or aromatherapeutic professional. Some oils can be toxic, and if taken internally may be fatal. If you don’t know the specific chemistry of the oil, do not take it internally.